MCC 2.0 is coming 17 July 2019!
The next version of MilitaryChildCare.com (MCC), referred to as MCC 2.0, will launch on 17 July 2019. Updates will include a streamlined way for families to request care and a new way program users can view and manage these requests. To help you prepare for the launch of MCC 2.0, this page will share the latest news on the launch as well as key resources to help support a successful transition.
Key Dates and Actions
Review the MCC 2.0 Key Actions and Timelines Cheat Sheet for information on what you can do to prepare for the launch of MCC 2.0.
MCC 2.0 Training Plan
To ensure you have all the information you need to use MCC 2.0 successfully, please read the details below for the MCC 2.0 training plan. The training plan has three components:
- MCC 2.0 Webinar Series (for program users)
- FCC Provider Training Plan
- Other MCC 2.0 Training Materials on the revised MCC Central Training Center
1. MCC 2.0 Webinar Series
To support the transition to MCC 2.0, a three-part webinar series will be offered. The last webinar in the series is:
Webinar 3: Using MCC 2.0: Day 1 Essentials
PowerPoint materials and recordings of webinar 3: “Using MCC 2.0: Day 1 Essentials” are now available. This webinar is designed for program users who want to understand what to expect on day of using MCC 2.0. Four different types of webinars were conducted as listed below. As a reminder, FCC providers will access the Day 1 Essentials for Using MCC 2.0: FCC Provider training course. See the FCC Provider Training Plan section below for links to the FCC provider training courses.
Using MCC 2.0: Day 1 Essentials Webinar (CDC and 24/7)
- Webinar recording: https://www.mcccentral.com/training-center/components/overview-day-1-essentials-using-mcc-20?tc=12581
- PowerPoint Presentation: https://www.mcccentral.com/system/files/training-center/webinars/materials/Webinar3_CDC_20190710.pdf
Using MCC 2.0: Day 1 Essentials Webinar (SAC)
- Webinar recording: https://www.mcccentral.com/training-center/components/overview-day-1-essentials-using-mcc-20?tc=12586
- PowerPoint Presentation: https://www.mcccentral.com/system/files/training-center/webinars/materials/Webinar3_SAC_20190703_0.pptx
Using MCC 2.0: Day 1 Essentials Webinar (FCC Staff)
- Webinar recording: https://www.mcccentral.com/training-center/components/overview-day-1-essentials-using-mcc-20?tc=12591
- PowerPoint Presentation: https://www.mcccentral.com/system/files/training-center/webinars/materials/Webinar3_FCC_20190710.pdf
Using MCC 2.0: Day 1 Essentials Webinar (R&R/PCS)
- Webinar recording: https://www.mcccentral.com/training-center/components/overview-day-1-essentials-using-mcc-20?tc=12596
- PowerPoint Presentation: https://www.mcccentral.com/system/files/training-center/webinars/materials/Webinar3_RR_20190710.pdf
Webinar 1: Getting Ready for MCC 2.0
Training materials and a recording from Webinar 1: “Getting Ready for MCC 2.0” are now available.
- Webinar Recording: Getting Ready for MCC 2.0: https://youtu.be/tRVKLwIAfOQ
- PowerPoint Presentation: Getting Ready for MCC 2.0 Webinar: https://www.mcccentral.com/3MY
- MCC 2.0 Key Actions and Timelines Cheat Sheet: https://www.mcccentral.com/3Mg
Webinar 2: MCC 2.0 Data Validation (for MCC Coordinators)
Training materials, a recording and resources from for Webinar 2: “MCC 2.0 Data Validation (for MCC Coordinators)” are now available.
2. FCC Provider Training Plan
Providers are not expected to attend the live webinar or watch the webinar recordings. Instead, the Day 1 Essentials for Using MCC 2.0 training course was developed specifically for FCC providers. There are two versions of the course: one tailored for Army and USMC FCC providers and the second tailored for Navy and Air Force FCC providers. The course will help FCC providers learn about the key changes made to MCC 2.0, the family's experience with MCC 2.0, and essential information they need to perform day-to-day actions in MCC 2.0.
Providers should either individually complete the training course on MCC Central or participate in a group training organized by installation staff, using the course content from MCC Central as the foundation. For additional information and recommendations, download the MCC 2.0 FCC Provider Training Plan: MCC 2.0 FCC Provider Training Plan
If interviews were scheduled prior to the stoppage period, but offers need to be made in MCC 2.0, refer to the FCC Interview & Offer Process: MCC 2.0 Transition Actions.
3. Other MCC 2.0 Training Materials
You can extend your learning beyond the Day 1 Essentials webinar and/or provider training course by reviewing other training materials on MCC Central, including HTML reference guides, videos, and resources. The MCC Central Training Center is not currently available, but will be available again on 17 July at 0900 EDT.
MCC 2.0 Family Flyer
The MCC 2.0 Family Flyer provides an overview of what families can expect to see when MCC. 2.0 launches. Click the link here: https://www.mcccentral.com/3qE to download and print the MCC 2.0 Family Flyer to share with families.