If you offer school year care, you must enter the schools you serve in this section, so that when a family searches for school year care, and indicates they need transportation, programs and providers that serve the school the family needs will display on the search. If a family indicates they do not need transportation, program or provider profiles in the search radius will display in the search results. You will be able to select the schools you serve from MCC’s list of schools when you set up your school year care option.
The Schools Served summary screen shows all schools saved to your program profile. You can add a new school served, edit the transportation options, or remove a school if you no longer serve that school. To add a school, from the School Information tab, select the arrow to expand the Schools Served section.
- Select the Add School button.
- Type the school name or address in the Search field to find the school you serve. The system will display the matching schools from the master school list.
- Select the school from the list and MCC will automatically complete the school’s information. Note: If your school is not on the list, or you think the school’s information is incorrect, complete the Add or Update School Information Form and submit it to the Support Desk.
- Select the transportation option that your program offers to and from the school. This information displays to families in their search results so they do not have to worry about transportation specifically for before and after school care.
- The school’s bus transports children to and from our program.
- Our program provides a bus to transport children to and from the school.
- The school is within walking distance of our program and an employee of our program walks the children to and from school.
- The school bus stops in the community and an employee of our program meets the children at the bus stop.
- The school’s bus stops in the community and our program provides a bus to transport children to and from the bus stop.