Once the family selects the type of care they are interested in, they view their search results, which contain all military-operated and military-affiliated programs that meet their search criteria. There are also a number of tools available on the search results page that help the family update or refine their search results.
- Summary of the family’s search criteria (e.g., DCN, sponsor’s duty station, other search locations, school child is attending, and care types selected) that can be updated directly from the search results page. If the family’s search results do not produce enough options, they should consider updating their search criteria to include additional search locations or an expanded search radius.
- Filtering tools that help the family refine the search results based on more specific criteria such as Open Time and Close Time, Program Type, and Search Distance. For example, if the family only wanted to look at programs that are open during the hours they need care, they can enter the preferred open and close times on the filter. In addition, they can adjust the search distance around each of their search locations by selecting the Adjust link under the Search Distance. The programs listed in the default search results are within 15 miles of each of the search locations selected by the family earlier in the search process. The family can use the search distance filter to narrow or expand this distance from each search location up to 50 miles.
- Sorting tools that help the family view search results in a specific order (e.g., in alphabetical order or in order by geographic distance).
SEARCH RESULTS DISPLAY
After the family selects their preferred care types and enters their child’s school information (if applicable), the system will display a list of all care options that meet the family’s child care needs. FCC programs will always be listed first, followed by SAC or CDC programs, and 24/7 programs, depending on the age of the child and the availability of programs in the selected areas. The family can choose to request care from any of these programs.
The search results page displays the following content to help the family make decisions about where to request care.
Each program has a number, which corresponds to the map so that families can orient themselves to the program’s location and see if that option would truly work for them. To see approximate locations for FCC providers, the family must first select the Choose FCC providers link under the FCC Program entry.
Families can see additional information about each program (including the FCC Program) by clicking on the program’s name. The information, including photos, is customized and specific to the different program types in MCC.
Families can access an online inspection report for each program listed by selecting the Online Inspection Report link. The report includes the dates of the latest program inspections and program accreditation information. This information helps assure families that all military child care programs are subject to DoD required monitoring and quality assurance processes to ensure program quality and health and safety.
When requesting school year care, families will be able to see the program’s list of schools served by selecting the Schools Served link.
REVIEW RESULTS FOR FCC PROGRAMS AND PROVIDERS
To see a list of care options available for the FCC Program and FCC provider details, the family must select the ‘Choose FCC providers’ link under the FCC Program entry. This will open a separate FCC provider search results screen. The family can select the FCC provider’s name to view their profile. Families can select one or more specific providers at the FCC Program, or they can choose the Any FCC Provider option to be added to the waitlists of all providers who meet their search requirements.
The content and tools on the FCC provider search results are similar to those on the main search results page, with the following exceptions.
- Families can further filter the list of providers by provider features (Pet Free Home, Negotiable Hours, Smoke Free Home).
- The FCC provider profiles do not contain the provider’s address, other contact information, or driving directions because these providers run their centers out of their homes and it is not appropriate to share that level of personal information with families until a space is available.
- FCC providers are shown on the map with an approximate location in order to protect the location of where military children are receiving care. Families will have access to the provider’s actual location when they receive an interview request. If the family has general questions, they can contact the FCC program office. Contact information for FCC programs are listed in the FCC program profile.
- Inspection reports are not available.
To return to the main search results page, the family must select the Return to Results button at the top of the FCC provider search results.
From the search results, the family may place requests by selecting the specific care options that meet their needs. They can select specific programs, Any FCC Provider, or specific FCC providers included in their search results. Based on the selection made, the family may be asked to enter a work schedule or select care offerings. Read through this topic to learn how families request care options that require additional information.
When selecting care at a CDC program, the family may select full-day, part-day, and pre-k before and after school care options.
Full-Day Care and Part-Day Care
If a family needs full-day care, the family can select the full-day care option from one or more programs. For part-day care, the family can review the different program schedules and select the part-day schedule that best meets their needs.
Part-Day Care with Flexible Schedule. When selecting part-day care with a flexible schedule, the family must include their work schedule. This information displays to the program user during the offer process to help match families to available spaces.
Pre-K Before and After School. When a family selects the pre-k before and after school care option, the system prompts them to indicate which offerings they need.
When selecting care at a SAC program, the family may select school year care (before, after school), school year care – kindergarten, full-day kindergarten, seasonal camps and school out days, and summer camps. In each case, except for full-day kindergarten, the system will prompt the family to select the offerings they need.
School Year Care. When families select school year care, they must indicate if they want before school, after school, or both. Note: Families will be able to place a request for the next school year even if the program has not entered the next school year’s dates in MCC.
- When families receive an offer for before or after school, the offer includes seasonal camps and school-out days.
- If a family does not receive an offer for before or after school, but would still like to enroll their child in seasonal camps and/or school out days, the family must also place a separate request for the seasonal camps and school-out days they need. Because the date they request care affects a family’s sequence on the waitlist, families should consider placing a request for school year care and a request for seasonal camps/school-out days.
School Year Care – Kindergarten. When families need care before and/or after a part-day kindergarten program, they must indicate the offerings they need when they select the care option. Note: When families receive an offer for before or after school kindergarten care, the offer includes seasonal camps and school-out days. However, if a family does not receive an offer, but would still like to enroll their child in seasonal camps and/or school out days, the family must also place a separate request for the kindergarten seasonal camps and school-out days they need. Because the date they request care affects a family’s sequence on the waitlist, families should consider placing a request for school year care – kindergarten and a request for seasonal camps/school-out days.
Seasonal Camps and School-Out Days/ Seasonal Camps and School-Out Days – Kindergarten. If the family selects seasonal camp and school-out days, they must then select which seasonal camps (Fall Camp, Spring Camp, Winter Camp) and school-out dates they need.
Summer Camp. If the family selects summer camp or summer camp by grade, they must indicate which weeks of camp they need. The family may use the Select All feature if they need care for all camp weeks or select individual weeks. Families can update the requested offerings by visiting their My Child Care page. Note: FCC providers offer summer camp as an entire summer program, so families will not select weeks if they request summer camp care from an FCC provider.
The family has two options when selecting care options for FCC. The family can (a) select care at Any FCC Provider or (b) select care from specific FCC providers. Learn more about each option below.
Any FCC Provider. A family can selects Any FCC Provider for Full-Day Care, 24/7, or Extended care. When selected, the request will be automatically added to the waitlist for all FCC providers that match their search criteria – including new FCC providers that are added to MCC after they submit the request.
If the family selects Any FCC Provider, they may adjust their search locations to ensure they are being added to the appropriate providers’ waitlists. The family will be added to the waitlists of only FCC providers who are located within the search area selected by the family.
Specific FCC Provider. To request care from specific providers, the family selects one or more care options and associated offerings, as applicable, under each of their preferred FCC providers.