Follow the steps below to make an offer for before or after school care, including before and after care for children who attend a half-day kindergarten program. Note: Seasonal camps and school out days are included when making an offer for before and/or after school care.
Making offers in MCC starts with describing the space you have available. From the dashboard, select the Make Offer link and complete the fields on the page as described next.
- Select the appropriate care option from the Care Option drop-down menu.
- School Year Care
- Kindergarten School Year Care
- Select the appropriate school year. NOTE: Before you can make offers for the school year, it must be set up on the School Information tab in the program profile.
- Select Before/After School from the Care Offering drop-down menu.
- Select School Age as the Age Group.
- Select the Date Care Available.
- When entering details for a school year that has not started, the Date Care Available defaults to the care option start date (and cannot be changed). If the start date has already passed, the Date Care Available will be blank, and you can enter any date that is between the start and end date of the care option.
- Select the School(s) where you have space and transportation available.
- Select ‘All’ if your program has transportation available for all schools you serve.
- Select ‘No Transportation Needed’ when you have space available in your program, but cannot offer transportation to or from school. When you select this transportation option, only children who do not need transportation will display on the Make Offer page.
- Note: The system displays children who qualify for the space who either (a) need transportation from the school specified on the Describe Space page or (b) do not require transportation. Children will not appear on the list if they have not entered school information on their request and they have indicated they need transportation. See the View Waitlist topic to learn how to identify these requests.
- Enter the Number of Spaces you have available for before school and the number of available for after school.
- The number of spaces you have available appears at the top of the Make Offer page. This serves as a guide to help you quickly track the total number of spaces available against the number of offers you plan to make. Note: The number of spaces you enter does not limit the number of requests that appear on the Make Offer page or the number of offers you can make.
- Select the Next button to generate the list of requests that match the criteria you entered.
SELECT ONE OR MORE REQUESTS ON THE MAKE OFFER PAGE
Once you describe the space in MCC, the system generates the Make Offer page that displays all requests that qualify for the space.
- If you make offers for before or after school care before the school year starts, the list includes all children with a DCN of the care option start date and children with a DCN of 30 days after the start.
- If you make offers after the care option start date, the list includes all children with a DCN of the date the offer is made or anyone whose DCN is prior to the DCA.
- The system displays children who qualify for the space who either (a) need transportation from the school specified on the Describe Space page or (b) do not require transportation. Note: Children will not appear on the list if they have not entered school information on their request and they have indicated they need transportation. Families will receive a notification to update their school information 90 days before their DCN if they have indicated they need transportation, but have not selected a school. See the View Waitlist topic to learn how to identify these requests.
- The system sequences the requests based on set rules, so you can just go down the list to select the requests in sequence.
Follow the steps below to make an offer for before and after school care. If you need to modify the details used to describe the space, select the Update link.
When making an offer for school year care, you can either make full offers or partial offers as described next.
- Select the checkbox next to the child’s name to make an offer for all offerings requested or select the checkbox by individual offerings (i.e., before school or after school) based on the available spaces.
- Continue checking boxes until you have selected enough requests to fill your available spaces, and then select the Make Offer button. Refer to the Legend at the bottom of the Make Offer list to understand the different icons you may see as you review the requests.
REVIEW THE CONFIRMATION MESSAGE AND SUBMIT THE OFFER
Review the list for accuracy, and then either select (a) the Submit button to confirm the offers or (b) the Cancel link to return to the Make Offer page. Once you select the Submit button, the system sends an offer notification to the family, updates the family’s My MCC Dashboard with the offer information, and opens the placement list.
CALL THE FAMILY TO FOLLOW-UP ON THE OFFER
Once you make the offer in MCC, call the family to notify them that space is available. This step expedites the enrollment process and provides the family with important one-on-one customer service and a personal introduction to your program. Note: You can access the family’s contact information by accessing the household via the Find Household link or locating the child on the Placement List page.
During the call, you should:
- Verbally confirm the sponsor’s eligibility and spouse’s status. If the eligibility or status information is incorrect, see the Manage Enrollment topic for instructions on how to update the information and recheck the request sequence.
- Inform the family about the offer and the offer response timeline of two days, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Assess if the family is ready to accept or decline the offer at that time. If they have made a decision, encourage them to respond immediately via MCC. If not, they still have two days to respond to the offer and reconfirm other requests, as needed.
- Answer questions the family has on how to respond to the offer and reconfirm other active requests, if needed.
- Document your phone call attempt and the conversation with the family in the Comments section. Review Other Placement Actions for instructions on adding a comment.